High-torque gearmotors are electromechanical devices developed to provide a high level of rotational force or torque. They are ideal for dynamic applications for which the combination of motor power is amplified usually through a planetary gearbox.
The addition of the planetary gearbox allows to develop a greater torque while maintaining a small size.
24V, 12V DC high torque DC gear motor
The highest torque gearmotors included in the Micro Motors range are part of the P205 series, available in 12V and 24V.
The main features of Micro Motors P205 gear motor are:
- Motor interference suppression by VDR;
- Outgoing shaft supported by two ball bearings;
- Maximum radial shaft load: 300N (at 10mm from the mounting flange);
- Maximum axial shaft load: 150N;
- Direction of rotation depends on polarity;
- Can be mounted in any position;
- Working temperature: -20 °C/60 °C;
- Approximate weight: 700/900g.
- Solid construction;
- First stage gears in techno polymer for low noise;
- Subsequent stages gears in self-lubricating sintered steel for high performance;
- Stainless steel 10 mm shaft for high loads;
- High torque and low current consumption;
- Excellent price/performance ratio.
When to use a high torque gear motor?
High-torque gearmotors are used in a variety of fields, such as:
- Industrial automation: for material handling, robotics, conveyor belt systems. They are able to provide the torque needed to move heavy loads precisely and effectively.
- Robotics: for the movement of grippers, robotic arms and other mechanisms where the ability to handle heavy objects and precise control is required.
- Automotive industry: in applications such as power windows and motorized seats. In this case, gearmotors with high torque ensure correct and reliable operation of these systems.
- Packaging machinery: for the control of filling mechanisms, movement of conveyor belts and packaging machines to guarantee accurate and constant work.
- Renewable energy systems: in systems such solar tracking systems to optimize their efficiency and proper positioning.
- Agricultural equipment: in components of agricultural machinery (tractors, harvesters, etc.), such as plows, conveyors and augers.
- Home appliances: gearmotors with high torque ensure the correct and reliable movement of heavy loads in garage door openers, TV lifts, sliding doors, motorized blinds and shutters.
Micro Motors, your gearmotor supply partner
Founded in 1972, Micro Motors has been a trusted name in the small gearmotor industry for more than 50 years. Our mission is to provide the highest quality gearmotors and exceptional service.
If you need a DC gearmotor, Micro Motors’ team is here to help you choose the best option for your specific application. We are always available to offer dedicated solutions and customizations such as wiring, pionion and shafts.
Our range includes several series of DC gearmotors, spur, planetary, brushless and stepper gearmotors.